Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reverse bucket list

I saw an article online where the author compiled a "reverse bucket list," or a list of things you never want to do before you die, and I thought it was a great idea. I'm sure you all know by now that I love making lists, so here's mine (subject to change):

1. Run a full marathon. A lot of people probably put this on a real bucket list, but it sounds like my nightmare.
2. Go skydiving. I've accepted my fear of heights and do not want to face it.
3. Visit Antarctica.
4. Resort to cannibalism because of a crazy disaster situation.
5. Give up carbs, caffeine, or sugar.
6. Go to Burning Man.
7. Couponing.
8. Be on a reality show.
9. Own a taxidermied animal.
10. Witness the miracle of childbirth. I just don't want to see that.
11. Become an Alaskan King Crab fisherman/woman.
12. Go to a country music concert. Exception: Dolly Parton, because she is awesome.
13. Climb Mount Everest. I am reading "Into Thin Air," and all the frozen dead bodies up there freaks me out.
14. Read any more books by James Joyce. I had to read Finnegans Wake, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and Ulysses in college, and hated them. I know they are considered classics, but I had a hard time getting through them. Sidenote: James Joyce has an amazing full name: James Augustine Aloysius Joyce.
15. Live in a basement apartment. Again.
16. Take a picture of those stupid towel animals they put on your bed on cruise ships and put it on Facebook.
17. Go shopping at midnight on Black Friday.
18. Own a reptile, amphibian, or rodent as a pet.
19. Visit a third world country. Bonus item: take a picture of myself holding a malnourished child while visting the third world country.
20. Wait in line to buy something. iPhones are cool, you guys, but do you really need to wait in line to buy one?

What is on your list?

1 comment:

Librarygirl said...

Hilarious list! I was trying not to laugh too loud at work. I would have to agree with most of these.