Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have applied for over 65 jobs. I have only had two interviews, and NO OFFERS. Among those jobs have been library positions, newspaper jobs, coffee shop jobs, etc etc. But, tonight I think may have either found a great job or sunk to a new low.

Tonight I applied for a job to dress up as a Disney Princess and entertain children at birthday parties. When I first saw the advertisement I was skeptical, because it could have been a sneaky way to advertise a stripper job. This is the first sentence from the ad: "Looking for females ages 19-30 to play Princess Character Entertainers for parties."

Sounds strippery, right? But read further and it says "Role entales, reading to the children, taking pictures with them and entertaining them with danceing and games.

I was immediately turned off by the bad spelling, grammar and punctuation, but I was sold at this part: " pay for 1 hr visits is $35 and pay for 1 1/2 hr visits is $45."

I normally charge $50 an hour for "dancing," "entertainment," and "games" at parties, but kids don't have as much money as adults, so I'll let it slide this time. I kid, I kid.

Now the question is, what Disney princess do I look like?

Answer: NONE!! Maybe I could be a villain for some twisted kid throwing a Disney Villains party. I could be Cruella, the evil-stepmother/sister (I do have big feet), Ursula, Malificent, or maybe I could borrow Christine's Jaffar outfit from Halloween 2004.

No comments: