Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Apple Bottom Jeans, Twisters, and a question: Are the Jonas Brothers the new Hanson?

When you're friendless and unemployed, your days sort of run together, so you have to do strange things to keep it interesting. Today's task: learning the first verse to Overnight Celebrity. I didn't succeed, but I did trick Matt into thinking that I am an awesome rapper by keeping the lyrics posted on the screen (he was in the other room and could hear but not see me) while rapping. So far I know one line: Girl I see you in them Apple Bottom Jeans, chinchilla on yo back I wanna know yo name.

Today, there were tornado warnings and watches all day. I don't know the difference, except that a warning is to be taken more seriously than a watch. I guess I need to find out what to do if a tornado actually touches the ground.

The only other eventful thing that happened today: Caitlin made fun of me for liking "Burnin' Up" by the Jonas Brothers, or the "Jo-Bros" as their true fans call them. I think she said the phrase, "we need to reevaluate our friendship" in reference to me liking the song. Geeeze! It's not like I have a Jo-Bros Trapper Keeper!!

But seriously, the Jonas Brothers should be renamed "Hanson 2.0." Similarities: a trio of teen brothers, the middle one's the most popular, young girls are obsessed with them, they all need haircuts. Let's face it, "Burnin' Up" is the Jo-Bros' "Mmm Bop."


FYI, my Trapper Keeper has the cast of High School Musical on it.

.....and you thought I was joking.

No comments: