Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I got my hair did

Today, I finally got a haircut. One of the hard things about moving to a new city is finding things like a hairstylist. Finding a new doctor or dentist is easy, because you can just look on your health insurance company's Web site. But, if you want a decent 'do and don't want to go to Cost Cutters, it takes some work.

A friend gave me some good advice--look for someone with cute hair, then ask her where she goes. But, I'm antisocial and impatient, so I googled Aveda salons, and found a place in UPTOWN (they don't use the term "downtown," but that's 'nother story) Charlotte.

I ended up getting a great cut (in my opinion) for $25--a bargain in my opinion. I celebrated my new 'do by getting a large iced coffee.
Here's the old cut:
It's hard to tell, but I had a shelf of dead ends about halfway down the hair. It was grotesque.












And here's the new hairdo. For consistency purposes, I am wearing the same shirt.*














Matt and I got back from Vegas on Sunday night, and it was a great weekend. We flew out to surprise Ashley for her birthday, which is actually today. HAPPY B-DAYYY, ASH!!!

*Actually, it was a coincidence that I wore the same shirt.

No comments: