Monday, November 23, 2009

100 Blogs of Solitude

I haven't blogged in a while, because this is the 100th post and I wanted it to be meaningful. After waiting nearly two weeks, I decided that I'd just blog about whatever I wanted instead of waiting for something amazing. I did, however, find this amazing photo:
From the accompanying article: "An iron-lunged pensioner has celebrated her 100th birthday by lighting up her 170,000th cigerette from a candle on her birthday cake."
In an unrelated note, I have a story to share.
The other day Matt and I needed some cash and stopped by an ATM. He accidentally pushed the button for "Spanish," and instead of admitting defeat and cancelling the transaction, we decided to attempt to translate it on our own. Mind you, our collective Spanish vocabulary probably amounts to about 100 words, 50 of which are numbers.
We entered the PIN, pushed the button for checking, told the machine we wanted a receipt, high-fived each other, and thought we were on our way to getting some cold, hard dinero...until the ATM asked a question about "sellos."
Sellos? What the hell are sellos? What other possible ATM questions could there be? Panicking, we canceled the transaction, and started over from the beginning, in Inglés. We went through the same series of questions, and found out that sellos means stamps. They really threw us curveball with that one.

No comments: