Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas Crafts

It is time for my holiday crafts to begin, or as Matt calls it, "Brianna's sweatshop." I know I should wait until school is over for the semester, but I can't help myself--I'm on a knitting frenzy.

I've already started the gift for my sister-in-law (hopefully she doesn't read this blog). I am making her a pair of convertable mittens. I have the glove part done on one, and need to add the mitten top. This is the first time I've actually used the recommended yarn in a pattern, and it's only because I bought it in a kit. Regardless, I like the colors and I hope SIL does too.
This is what mine looks like:


This is what it will hopefully look like when it's done (from the pattern's website):



I also want to make hats and mittens for the nieces. Here's a pic of Kirin wearing a hat I made Adi when she was a baby:



I saw this hat (below) at Baby Gap, and I think I'll try to replicate it for Kirin, but in different colors:


I also liked these items from Gymboree:

knit hat:

mittens:


knit jumper:



And this hat from Anthropologie:



And this Anthropologie headband:

Or, maybe I'll stop being lazy and come up with my own designs instead of copying stores' stuff.

No comments: