Thursday, December 3, 2009

Don't make up lies or I will be forced to be an asshole to you.

I just called out a total stranger on Facebook for being a LIAR. A girl who worked with me at the library in S.C. posted a note mentioning how she met a girl named “de'Lishus,” and one of her friends responded “While I was in Rock Hill, I met two brothers named Lemangelo and an Orangelo (after their parents favorite dessert), a Fema'le and.... a Shithead.”

I then responded to the guy (who I do not know) that those were all names from a chapter in Freakonomics.

Why can't I let things go? I've stopped correcting people's grammar, but if someone says something that is obviously wrong, I can't help it. The stupid guy was probably just trying to get laid by throwing out some "fun facts," but he would have impressed her more if he told her he read it in a book, instead of claiming he actually knew the people.

(photos and names have been blacked out to protect the innocent--or ignorant in the stupid guy's case.)


Here's a copy of the page, courtesy of Amazon.com:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all goes back to the thing you hate the most...
NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.
Even small un-truths can come back to bite you in the butt.