Monday, April 21, 2008

DIY hell

Many people have cautioned me to "not do it all yourself." But anyone who knows me knows that I am a big DIYer. There are so many cool wedding crafts, but I have to limit myself. As much as I'd like to crochet cardigans for the BMs, I have a full time job and other things to do. So, here's my DIY list, posted mainly for my own benefit of keeping track of things.

DIY:
Cake/cupcakes- This is a HUGE task, but we're enlisting the help of my mom's very talented friend who used to do this for a living. I assume that I'll just mainly help with the baking, and doing things that I can't screw up.
Decorations for the cake & cupcakes - we are crystallizing pansies for this. Yup, they're edible. The pansies are currently growing in my grandpa's garden and my mom's planters.
Veil -- I'm sure my mom will do this for me, but I have to choose a style and get the materials.
Program -- This should be easy, because it just involves a bit of designing and then printing, which I will do at my parents' office. Plus, it can be done ahead of time.
Jewelry --I wrote about this on another post, but I'll be making jewelry for the BMs. I will start this sometime this week.

No comments: