Wednesday, April 9, 2008

words and dreams and a million screams

I had a nightmare last night that a group of "mean girls" (for lack of better term) in Moab came to the wedding, and I got into a fist fight with the leader of the group. I was punching her in the head and slapping her, and my dad had to act as a wedding bouncer and kick the girls out. It was weird, because I've never been in a fight in my life, but the dream felt so real. I woke up feeling horribly guilty. The mean girls aren't invited to the wedding, but if they crashed it, I'd have someone kindly ask them to leave, and I wouldn't punch them in their heads.

In the non-nightmare sector of my life, Caitlin and I want to make these bracelets for the BMs:


I also want to make some necklaces, but my fear is that I will be one of those brides who gives the BMs jewelry they hate but are forced to wear. I know I appreciate hand-made jewelry, but will others? When I was in my friend Rebecca's line, she made us jewelry, and I still wear it to this day.

I like this one, but maybe it's too chunky:
I would make it with cream or light brown pearls (the color of the sash), and a lavender or chocolate brown ribbon. The beadstore by my house has a gazillion colors of glass pearls, so I could match the colors almost exactly.

Feedback?

No comments: