Thursday, April 3, 2008

Introductory Post

I started this blog so I could have a place to compile all of my wedding to-dos and ideas, but I'm sure it will evolve into something else. We have less than three months left, and here's what we have and haven't accomplished so far.

Here's what we have done so far:
bought dress and shoes
selected site and paid deposit
selected a menu
ordered invitations
compiled a guest list
asked attendants
bought centerpieces
chosen a bridesmaid dress

Here's what we need to do:
choose a photographer
talk to florist
find an officiant (!!!)
buy wedding bands
honeymoon (!!!)
select tuxedos/men's attire
make a veil
nag three of the bridesmaids to get their dresses
select and purchase attendant gifts
buy hanging lanterns
visit the site again
address and send invitations
select songs

And I'm sure there are a million more things to add to the list. The Knot (aka wedding Web site for high maintenance wealthy brides) told me that I have 125 items overdue--that's an exaggeration.

In the meantime, BM/sister of the groom/my friend Katie is coming into town today, and I know she'll help me relieve some stress. She has a great "f*&# it" sort of attitude, plus she just got married a year and a half ago, so she might have some words of advice.

No comments: