Monday, April 21, 2008

Invitation Sweatshop

Matt and I spent our morning yesterday assembling the invitations. Matt got really good at tying ribbons, which is a skill that every man should have.

I had addressed most of the envelopes last weekend, which wasn't an easy task! Doing calligraphy on 70+ invitations takes a lot of patience. But now I'm really good at writing "Mr. and Mrs. -- ------." I was opposed to addressing the invitations that way, since it seems sort of old-fashioned and a little sexist, but tradition and etiquette took precedence. I'll finish addressing the rest of the invitations when I get some addresses from Matt's family.

We'll be mailing them out on May 1, so watch your mailbox!

My tasks this week are limited, because we're flying out to South Carolina on Saturday. Here's what I hope to accomplish:
buy 100 plastic champagne glasses (probably from Zurcher's)
choose neckties for the groom's dudes
find a photographer
reserve rooms for Matt's family members
finally get a passport
start the liquor stash

The liquor task sounds funny, but we're providing our own bar, so I'm going to make weekly trips to the liquor store so I can buy the booze when it's on sale. Don't worry, Ash. I'll be sure to get us some Tarantula or Patron.

No comments: