Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Damn girl how'd you get all that ass in Dem jeans

I made an unnecessary and frivolous purchase a few weeks ago, and have been experiencing some guilt because of it. I had been saving my tax refund for Matt's wedding ring, and the one he wanted ended up being less expensive than I budgeted for. Good news, eh? Yeah, well instead of saving the rest of the money, or spending it on the wedding, I bought an expensive purse at the Coach store, while in South Carolina.

I'm not usually one for name-brands or logos pasted everywhere, but I've been searching for a large, sturdy handbag for a while. I needed one that had a zipper (I'm paranoid about all of my belongings spilling out on an airplane floor), would be able to withstand all of my abuse, and still look somewhat chic.

While I have enjoyed my purchase, I've experienced a lot of buyer's remorse. How can the same girl who cringes at spending $3 for a gallon of milk drop two bills on a purse? I've tried to justify it by saying "purses are forever," --unlike other fashion accessories--and it's something I can pass down to future generations. ...Or is it just an item that tells the outside world "mug me!!"?

The bag is now haunting me in my dreams. Last night, I had a dream in which my BFF's sister, Amber, and I were spending the money Matt and I saved for the wedding on Coach bags. And it doesn't take Freud to figure out what that means.

In the words of the great philosopher, Chingy:

Prada,Gucci
Tell me what you like
Coach bag
With the shoes
To match
Forget the price

-Dem Jeans, Chingy

No comments: