Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm barely keeping my head above water

This is not wedding related, but I've been stressing out big time about our upcoming move. The timeline goes like this:

May 11: our going-away shindig
May 16: Matt's last day of work
May 17-19: Matt and I drive to Charlotte
May 25 or 26: I fly back to SLC
May 30: my last day of work
May 31: Matt's birthday

The things adding to my stress include the fact that we have nowhere to wash our clothes and are living like we're homeless. We'll probably spend the whole night tonight at the laundromat, when we should be packing.

Also, we haven't turned in our application for an apartment in Charlotte yet. We're battling them because they are trying to make us each pay a fee instead of counting us as a married couple, even though we won't live there together until after we are married.

One more thing, which is beyond my control, is the fact that my boss hasn't announced my upcoming departure yet, and my job hasn't been posted. I know this isn't my problem, but I'd really like to be able to train someone so my replacement doesn't screw over my whole section.

...And I need to get the Subaru serviced before we drive it across the country.

No comments: