Monday, May 12, 2008

Movin' on up, to the east side.

Lately, I've been more focused on the big move than wedding plans. We started packing this weekend, and discovered that we have way too much shit. We're downsizing, and only taking our clothes, kitchen stuff, and other necessities. Furniture is going to various family members, and the DI gets the rest.
We had a going-away barbecue last night, and had a surprisingly great turnout. However, a few moments made me feel like it was a spontaneous Brianna-Roast. My friend Jesse, asked me, "Are you glad you're marrying Matt and not Chris?" (background info, I once dated Chris, who is now one of my best guy pals.)
Also, Chris, Christine, and Ryan thought it would be an opportune moment to share with my siblings some of my not-so-greatest moments, ie: the time I got drunk in Vegas and screamed at them to find me my pug T-shirt, then went to sleep with sweet thoughts of Chris' dad's fictional bacon factory.
Yes, in my drunken state I believed the ridiculous lies they were feeding me about Chris' dad owning a bacon factory in Mesquite, Nevada. The reason I needed to go to bed was because we were taking a tour of the factory in the morning, they said.
Caitlin said she's really disappointed that I'm not like that anymore, because she would have liked to hang out with "drunken college version of Brianna." It's true that I rarely get drunk anymore, but what's not to love about "cola-sipping-crocheting-lives in the real world and can't get drunk on weeknights-Brianna"?
Maybe I should remind her of what happened the last time I drank...

Let's think back to Caitlin's birthday, April 4, 2008. Picture, if you will, a birthday party thrown in her honor. One of her friends calls. He wants to bring a homeless person he just met to her house. Caitlin doesn't want a random stranger in her house. Brianna makes a sign to welcome the stranger.














Caitlin gets mad, and tries to fight Brianna, but ultimately loses, because Brianna is stronger, and put her in a death-grip, leaving Caitlin begging for mercy.







Or at least that's how I remember it.

No comments: