Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why are they so cute in cartoons

My brother moved into a new apartment on Saturday--a one bedroom, one bath unit that is part of a triplex. It's not a palace, but it's a cute little place for a bachelor.

I've been doing my laundry there for the past couple days, because I don't want to pack dirty clothes, and imagine my surprise last night when I saw a mouse scurry under the microwave. Of course the light switch is located behind the microwave, so I just locked up his house and left--leaving the kitchen light on.

Me: "I saw a mouse in your house, so I left. My clothes are all over the floor in your kitchen."
Kelby: "Yeah, I thought there might have been something in there. I heard something rustling yesterday."
Me: "You should call the landlord and make him take care of it."
Kelby: "Or I could just sit there with my BB gun and wait until it comes out."
Me: "Yeah, but in the meantime it could be having babies and spreading Hanta virus everywhere."
Kelby: "Ok."

While I did feel stupid for being afraid (and mostly grossed out) by a little beastie, I was proud of myself for not screaming. But, I did wake up this morning with the scary thought of rat babies being born in my pile of dirty clothes at Kel's house. :(

What should I do?
  1. Suck it up and go back there and finish my laundry.
  2. Take my clothes to a laundromat.
  3. Make Matt wash the clothes (because I don't want to discover a rodent in the pile)
  4. Wait until the exterminator comes before I make my next move.

No comments: