Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

I was told today that my 23-year-old coworker is more mature than I am. The comment was made because I laughed at the word "colon" when it was being refered to in the punctuation form, not the other form. In case you're like my coworker and didn't get why I was laughing, colon is a fancy medical term for asshole.

I guess there is more supporting evidence for the fact that I am immature than against it. For example, today I was working on a school assignment called my Organizational Analysis, and I thought of saving it as "Organ Anal" for short.

On the other hand, I've grown a lot in the past couple years. For starters, I removed both my nose ring and my navel ring, though the latter was due the fact that I didn't want to draw attention to my less-than-perfect midsection while at the pool. Also, I have an IRA. Nothing says maturity like planning for your retirement, bitches.

So, are my immature jokes just a pathetic attempt to relive my teen years, or am I slowly acsending into adulthood? I'll answer that question someday, but it will require delving deeper. That's what she said.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

loves it.

Anonymous said...

I think some people confuse maturity with sense of humor. You have to be able to laugh at everyday comments or you'll take yourself too seriosly. You are responsible and conscious of other's feelings. So F*@k them if they can't take a joke!