Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hooker heels and the subjugation of women

MSN had an article today, "Do high heels empower or oppress women?" that got me thinking about my empowerment tactics, and wearing heels is definitely one of them. When I'm wearing heels, not only do I have better posture, but I'm taller than most people (men included), which has forced me to own my height instead of feeling ashamed of it. In heels, I stand tall, arch my back, and walk confidently.

The bra-burners in the article argue that heels make women into sex objects, which I think is a bull shizzz. Unless you're pulling an Amy Winehouse and "rockin' your F-me pumps," men probably won't pay much attention to your footwear.

Another thing that irritated me about the article was the poll: Do you think high high heels empower or oppress women? One option was, "Some women can get away with wearing higher heels than other women, especially if they’re shorter." WHAT??

By the way, I'm wearing heels today, and I highly doubt anyone in the office will opress me or view me as a sex-object.
They're the rounded-toe version of these:
Viva heels! I think Carrie Bradshaw would concur.

No comments: