Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Love is a mixtape

When I was at my parents' house in Moab a couple weeks ago I grabbed a handful of old mix tapes on my way out the door. Our new/old car (lovingly named "Deuce") has only a tape deck, and I wanted some 'tunes for the ride home. I had no idea I would soon unleash a flood of childhood memories.
From my best guess, the tapes were made between 1994-1996.

Some noteworthy mix tape moments:
5 Boyz II Men songs on one tape
Donna Lewis' one-hit-wonder "I Love You, Always Forever"
Joni Lewis' "Big Yellow Taxi" followed by Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around"
Dave Matthews Band and Toad the Wet Sprocket songs--not bad taste for a youngster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't find the Disney Songs tape. But I think you and Tanise may have wore that one completely out!