Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Duets and the N-word

As many of you know (if there's anyone reading this is in the first place), Matt and I recorded a duets album last Christmas. I'd like to say we were drunk, but we didn't start drinking until after we recorded three songs.

It was brought to my attention that I said the n-word in one of the songs, "Doin' It" (originally recorded by LL Cool J). I cited "artistic license," but felt bad about it, especially since Snoop once came to me in a dream and told me not to say it.

Here's an excerpt from a blog I wrote April 24, 2005:

Snoop Dogg came to me in a dream a couple of months ago, and this is what he said:

Snoop: Brianna, you have to stop saying "Nizzle."

Brianna: But why?

Snoop: Because it means "nigga," and you can't say that because you are a white girl.

Brianna: Oh. Well, what CAN I say?

Snoop: You can say, "bizzle" and "sizzle." They mean "brother" and "sister."
The words came from The Dogfather himself, so I'd better start heeding his advice.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Can we say "hizzle" even though we rent?