Friday, October 16, 2009

Three ladies I love



Tina Fey recently told David Letterman that she was a virgin in her 20's, accrediting it to "just good, Christian values ... or, being homely." Man, I love that lady! I can relate, though in my case it was more the latter than the former. Hahah.
I also think Tina Fey is cool because she looks like my mom. I'd do a side-by-side but I think my mom would get pissed if I put a photo of her on my blog.



Becki Newton, the actress who plays my favorite Ugly Betty character (Amanda), wrote an article for Self about trying new things. Here's the best part of her article:
I distinctly remember a day in third grade when my teacher, Mrs. Otte, said to me, "Becki, I think one day you are going to be a writer." I had composed a very sophisticated and nuanced poem about my cat, Toby, and how he liked tuna, yarn and long naps in the sun.

I think Becki and I should be real-life BFFs.


Filippa Hamilton is speaking out about getting fired by Ralph Lauren for being "too fat" to fit into the sample clothes. She's 5'10" and weighs 120 freaking pounds! Hellloooo, she's a total lard-ass! (I'm obviously kidding.) The article calls for women to complain and vote with their pocketbooks.

I wouldn't buy stuff from his current line anyway. Everyone knows the equestrian theme is sort of Ralph's thing, but it's FUGLY. I guess "Ralph" is synonymous with "vomit" for a reason. Case in point:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess being compared to Tina Fey is better than the ex-vp candidate. And you are right, I would not like my pic being posted on your blog.

Anonymous said...

You look like Tina Fey!