Saturday, October 3, 2009

Brianna's Fall Fashion 2009

Fall finally arrived this past week. Fall is my favorite season for two reasons: cold-weather fashion and Halloween (which is fashion related because you get to dress up). Because the temperature has been dropping over the past few days, I've started to dig out all of my hats, scarves, and coats.


So, here are my fall fashion must-haves:


1. Wrist warmers



I knit these wrist warmers this week. Don't act like you're not impressed, because I know you are. Wrist warmers are the best for fall weather, because they keep your wrists toasty, and unlike mittens and gloves, you still have great manual dexterity. They're also great for chilly offices, like mine, and you look like a bad-ass biker. If you're wondering why my fingernails look so fabulous (and you probably are), it's because I gave myself a french manicure. As if you needed any more evidence of my artistic ability, try it yourself. It's very hard to paint a thin white strip on your nails left-handed.



2. Military jacket





I bought this exact jacket about a week ago, and I've already worn it twice. Military jackets are awesome because they have the formal buttons and lines, but the feminine shaping give them some soft curves. Plus, this coat has a mandarin collar so it looks great with scarves. My jacket is 100% cotton aka machine washable, which is perfect for clumsy fools like me who are likely to spill food items.


3. Suede boots





I've already posted once about these boots, but I love them. I also have some brown suede boots with a tiny wedge heel that I wear a lot in the fall and winter. But, if you get suede boots and live in a snowy city like SLC, make sure you waterproof them. I got some spray-on waterproofing crap (yes, that's the technical name for it) at The Walking Company.




4. Cardigans





I don't own this cardigan, but I wish I did. Does anyone want to give me $300? It's no secret that I wear cardigans year-round, but when fall comes around, I start to see lots of cardigans in stores, like this one (below), that I just got. It's the coolest, granniest cardigan I own because it incorporates three granny elements: flowers, lace, and gold buttons.




My fall shopping is probably done (Matt, you can now breathe a sigh of relief), but I'm taking the wool coats in to get dry cleaned today, a sure-sign that it will probably snow, since that always seems to happen when I'm coat-less.

No comments: