Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend as a bachelorette: Matt will never leave me home alone again

Matt left yesterday morning to go to South Carolina and left me home alone. I'll admit, I was sort of stressed out about being home alone for four days, but I think I'm coping pretty well.
Yesterday I ate leftover Pei Wei take-out and coffee for breakfast, stayed in my pajamas until noon doing laundry and cleaning house, then met up with a friend.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, sometimes friendships are just like dating. I was really nervous to ask my friend Maggie to go to a movie yesterday, but she accepted and proposed that we go to dinner beforehand. Luckily Maggie's really fun to be around, and conversation is really natural with her; she makes it easy to be her friend. We had dinner at a new restaurant downtown (can't remember its name, but it had great soul food), got gelato, then saw "The Hangover" at the dollar theater.
Today I went to Five Guys with Sister Christian (my new nickname for Caitlin and Christian), then we went shopping. I was supposed to be looking for a birthday gift for Katie and a baby gift for my friend Jackson's new daughter. Instead, I bought some designer luggage,
a new purse,
and a dress (not pictured). But, I did put back three (yes, 3) shirts at Forever 21, a pair of skinny jeans at Macy's, and a pair of Juicy jeans at Nordstrom Rack (Caitlin said heart-shaped pockets looked stupid). It's all about will power, guys.
I ended up finding a gift for Katie and the last store we went to, but still haven't found a baby gift.
And I'm mad at Christian for betting against the Panthers. I blame him for our loss.

No comments: