Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Real-life gaydar?

A new iPhone app, Grindr, allows gay dudes to find each other. It's basically a mobile social networking site that uses GPS to tell you if there's a gay/bi guy in your vicinity. You can then see photos and stats of the dudes in your area, as well as a map of where they are. Sounds creepy and stalkerish, right?


Well, this may have come in handy for some individuals (like myself) who have horrible gaydar. I think this application should be marketed to single hetero females, so they can tell which guys in their area are gay, and avoid dating them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a gay-hater. I love the gays so much I might as well be Lady Ga Ga. However, your self esteem tends to drop a few points when you find out that two of your ex-boyfriends made out with each other.

I like to tell myself that I was such a good girlfriend that I made them feel comfortable enough to be their true selves, but in reality my masculine traits were probably just the catalyst for them coming out of the closet. I guess I made the chick-to-dude transition pretty easy.


But I'm getting off topic. Moral of the story, ladies need this iPhone app.

No comments: